Monday, February 11, 2013

Pope Benedict XVI Retires

I was shocked and saddened this morning to hear the news that Pope Benedict XVI is resigning from the papacy. Others have done better than I can in writing about this great pope, and about what his resignation means, so I will just post some video clips with news and analysis:

First, EWTN aired a special edition of EWTN Live, in which Fr. Mitch Pacwa, Fr. Joseph Mary, EWTN president Michael Warsaw, and EWTN theologian Colin Donovan discussed the news about Pope Benedict's retirement:



Next, Rome Reports has a large number of videos about Pope Benedict's announcement, Pope Benedict's life, history of other popes who have resigned, what happens during the period between popes, and more. Below are a few of these videos, but you can find more on the Rome Reports YouTube channel.







I wish I had more time to find and post even more videos, but I wanted to post at least something on the day of this momentous news.

No comments:

Post a Comment