Thursday, November 15, 2012

Should the U.S. bishops re-institute meatless Fridays year-round?

I have been looking for video about this suggestion by Cardinal Dolan, since I read about it earlier this week:



And here is a clip from a Catholic radio program where Cardinal Dolan discussed this idea further:



Personally, I think that this is a great idea, as Friday abstinence from meat would be a year-round witness to the wider culture. Also, I think it would be easier to remember to abstain from meat every Friday for the whole year, than the current system where we have to abstain only on the Fridays of Lent (and Ash Wednesday of course).

Finally, if anyone would like to see the full video of Cardinal Dolan's opening speech at the U.S. bishops' fall assembly, here it is:



(Thanks to Whispers in the Loggia, where I found the audio clip and the second video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment