Friday, November 16, 2012

Pope John Paul II Remixed

Have you seen those "remix" videos of well-known PBS personalities, where they use pitch correction audio processing to change recorded speech into something like singing? For example, here is one with Mr. Rogers, and here is another one with Bob Ross (the PBS "happy little clouds" painting guy). (I absolutely love the Mr. Rogers video, and the Bob Ross video is pretty good too.)

Well, someone has done something similar using a speech by Pope John Paul II:



I found this video on Simcha Fischer's National Catholic Register blog, and I think her reaction is worth quoting:

Speaking of things that someone ought to be arrested for, someone sent me this, and I thought I was going to hate it.

Then I played it, and I started to hate it, but then . . . I don't know what happened. I liked it. I think he would have like it. Anyway, it was nice to hear his voice again. Oh, what a weird world.

I think that sums it up pretty well!

UPDATE: Here is the original video of the speech (without any added music or audio processing): Part 1, Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment